Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Visiting Robin

This past weekend, I hopped on a plane and flew to Pennsylvania to visit my sister. Robin is pregnant with the first kid on the Acheson side, and her friends were giving her a shower. I wanted to go to it, so I did. It was also quite nice of them to schedule it on a weekend after my season, so I definitely had to make an effort (though it didn’t take much) to get out there. The shower was Friday, and hopefully I can get a photo of all of us who were there. Robin got some great stuff, and it took us quite a few trips to the car and then into the house! Saturday Jason made some tasty waffles; we walked to a bunch of garage sales in their neighborhood; we played Settles of Catan: Cities and Knights; Robin made some good pizza; and we skyped with Mom and Dad (well, sort of—Mom and Dad could see us but we couldn’t see them). Sunday I ran and then we went to church where they are studying Luke—the same book we are studying at Fellowship. After lunch at Wegman’s (a grocery store that has lots of variety for lunch), Robin and I watched Jason play ultimate Frisbee with a few his friends before I headed off to the airport. It was a quick trip, but I am so glad I made it out there.

Before the fun weekend, though, Thursday I rode with Valerie the course of the Nashville Women’s Half Marathon that’s taking place on Saturday (we are going to be bike support people through Swiftwick) and then went to Inversion. Friday morning I ran a couple miles. Seldom do I wish I had a camera with me while I run (too distracting), but this morning I wished I’d had a camera. First of all, the sunrise was amazing, so I ran into it until I had to turn lest I end up on the highway. Then, though I didn’t want to, I turned around—and was amazed at the full rainbow (and its shadow) on the other side of the sky. I was in awe, amazed at the color, thinking I was silly for not having wanted to turn around and what I would have missed had I just kept going straight, and awed by God and is work. WOW.

Now that the weekend is over, it’s back to real life. Monday (not a rest day because Saturday was) I did 5 on, 5 off thru 60 pull up, wall squat, wall push up, and standing ham after work (while cutting lots of veggies and preparing supper). Tuesday I hit the DHY pool at lunch (for a quick 800, to which I need to add yardage just to keep up with swimming) and the MFY after work for 40 minutes on a step mill—one of my favorite machines. I probably should’ve run outside, but I didn’t and still got in a good workout. Hopefully soon I can get out on my bike; I just need to have Todd set it up and I’ll be good to go.

No comments: