Monday, September 12, 2011

Ah, Lists!

I read through a great list today, 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters. I've written my favorites below, in order of appearance on the list but not necessarily in order of favorites. And I'd say this applies to any man with his woman, whether she's his daughter or his wife.

#19: Teach her how to change a flat tire. A tire without air need not be a major panic inducing event in her life. She'll still call you crying the first time it happens.

#42: Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.

#44: Write her a handwritten letter every year on her birthday. Give them to her when she goes off to college, becomes a mother herself, or when you think she needs them most.

50 Rules for Dads of Daughters

Original blog location

Work today was great but long, and then I had a good hard workout: 3×30sec heavy. It’s been quite a while since I’ve done this, but I wanted to jump right back into these hard workouts even though Will isn’t here to push me hard this off season. I will just have to push myself without him. Maybe some of my teammates will want to come train with me some once I have a schedule down. Here was today’s workout:

  • Lunge R, L, 45lb bar + 20lb per side = 85lb
  • GHR at 60°, 25lb
  • GHR at bottom
  • Standing hamstring, 25lb
  • Push up
  • Pull up
  • Curl, little, light bar with 15lb per side = 40lb or 45lb

I felt good, which is an encouraging way to start the week. I also read some good verses tonight. Evidently it was a good day for reading interesting stuff!

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.

I am so thankful I have good fiends who speak to my heart when I start feeling anxious; I could not do life without Jesus, and I am so grateful He’s given me such strong, solid friends—I have a few precious ones who will be strong for me when I am just needing someone to be strong so I can be weak and need someone. I love those dear, precious friends.

Also, I think someone should start a mail deliver business—not like UPS or Fed-Ex, but rather like the USPS. Word has it that they might be going out of business, and I am sure that people will always be needing mail to be delivered, so it sounds like there will be a need soon. And since it will be about a year, now is the time to start thinking of a business plan and getting clients, customers, and things together!

No comments: