Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Holidays are wonderful, and this weekend has been a wornderful holiday weekend. It started out with a hike on Friday with Hollyn at Percy Warner Park. I’ve measured this loop before but had since forgotten, and I’m pretty sure I told Hollyn it was about 3 miles and might take around an hour. Wrong! It is 4.5 miles, and it took us an hour and a half. It is not an easy loop, and it was hot! Plus we didn’t carry water, so we slowed slightly for the last mile and a half. It was a blast, though, especially since I haven’t seen Hollyn in a while.
  • Mile 1: 19:22
  • Mile 2: 19:22
  • Mile 3: 19:14
  • Mile 4: 20:02
  • Mile 4.53: 12:59
  • Totals: 4.53 miles, 1:31:00, 3.0 mph (5.6 max), 115 HR (163 max), 2305’ ascent, 2332’ descent
Saturday was the Clarskville (Metric) Century, which got its own blog.

Sunday I got some things done around my apartment and then headed to Farkases’ house. Aunt Renee and I ran a few errands, we all watched some tennis, we had dinner, and then we played Sequence. ARenee and I crushed Luke and Lauren!

Monday, the real holiday, started with a 5 on, 5 off thru 40 workout. It was a fantastic workout, and I felt great. I just stayed around here by going to our Cabana, and only one other person was in there—thankfully, he was willing to have the TV off. That is, until a couple came in when I had about 10 minutes left. They also left the TV off, but the lady went on the most annoying, loudest elliptical trainer I’ve ever heard; there were 2 others in the room, yet she never moved. I’m not sure how she could handle it—I couldn’t and did my last couple exercises in the hallway. Then I headed to the movie theater to meet Anna for a showing of The Help. It was very entertaining, containing a lot of history I didn’t know, interesting stories, humor, seriousness, and more. I’d definitely recommend this one. We then went to her house, where she and Josh were entertaining for the evening. After a delicious dinner grilled by the guys (Josh, Josiah, Mitch, and Josh) in the rain while we ladies (Anna, Grace, Charlotte, Kristen, and me) and baby Bennett chatted, we played a few games of Telestrations. It’s fun to see what words and phrases people come up with and how they change or stay the same as they get drawn/written around the circle. I’m so blessed to have fun, godly friends!

No comments: