Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain

Yep, it rained a lot this weekend. Not as much as we had a couple years ago when it flooded (May 2, 2012; May 3, 2010), but definitely enough to cause some minor flash flooding, raise water levels, and keep me from riding outside. So Friday I went on a long run:

Friday run route

Saturday I went to the Y and did 5 miles on the TRUE elliptical and a good iso workout. This makes 30 miles running and 3 iso workouts for the week. Success!

Sunday I swam in the morning and then rode at Todd's with my teammates for about 2 hours. This makes 80 miles riding and 500m swimming for the week. Slightly less than last week, but we also had test week at Todd's so the mileage there was lower.

I also worked on goals. Every year for now 4 years, I've written out goals on the computer and then transferred 5 main ones to a piece of paper. After laminating it, I put one copy in the pocket of the sweatpants I wear most often and another in my gym bag. I write some other things I need to remember in there as well, and then I periodically take it out, look at it, and remind myself why I'm doing what I do. It's been a great exercise, and one I hope to continue.


Here are a few of the additions to my goals:

Job 5:8-9 But as for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause—who does great things, and unsearchable, marvelous things without number.

Psalm 139:14, 23, 24 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. ... Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments: