Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Tuesday hill ride, a day late

From the Kona, HI, parade

This is the first year I've lived here that I've skipped the Maryland Farms Y Firecracker 5K (2011, 2010, 2009). I just didn't want to get up early on a holiday. I woke up early anyways, walked a bit, and then met Anna for a hike at Percy Warner – my favorite hiking trail. We went fast today, too: it took us 1:20 to walk the 4.5 miles, and we usually do it in about 1:30. The main differences were we went the opposite direction (which is actually the slower way in my opinion because of some of the rocky places you have to go down) and we took water with us (which was definitely a good decision). Then we spent some time at the pool.

Crockett Park – I think all of Brentwood was there!

The sunset – the fireworks were there later

Later I went to Crockett Park for a concert by the Kadillacs and the Brentwood city fireworks. Thankfully there was a breeze and it cooled down to about 90* by the time the fireworks started (it was still hot!). I ended up walking 15 miles today...not sure I can consider this a rest day, but I didn't ride or lift, so rest it is.

AM walk

PM walk
The rest of the miles came from PW Park

No comments: