Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Groceries?

Sometimes I wonder if you can call what I buy groceries. I don't usually buy much, and I buy seemingly random things. Today's quick trip to Kroger at lunch was pretty typical:

  • Almond Breeze milk: free (was $3.59)
  • Thin mints (2): $1.80 (was $2.78)
  • Almonds (2): $1.78 (was $7.38)
  • Veggies (3): $2.97 (was $6.00)
  • Paid $6.60 (includes tax); saved $13.15 or 67%
The milk ended up being free because it rang up at this week's price and had last week's shelf tag advertising a different price (I took my receipt to the CS desk because I didn't want to deal with it while in line). The mints were on post-Christmas sale and are for my sister's birthday. The almonds were on super clearance and I had coupons. The veggies are necessities and were on manager's special (basically, their sell-by date is approaching).

No comments: