Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dalmuti

During lunch today, I played a game with my coworkers. I came in on the bottom of the totem pole (5th out of 5 people) as the greater peon and ended up closer to the top (2nd) as the lesser Dalmuti. Hooray for improvement! It did mean no lunchtime workout though, so I had to double up in the afternoon and didn't do the full workout of either thing I had planned. Tomorrow I'm riding with Kat, so today I decided to take it easy and do a little out-and-back. It was fast, and I felt good!


  • 1:14:00, 23.54 miles, 19.1 avg (32.3 max), no reliable HR data

I made a quick stop at Lisa's to say hello but basically flew back on Wilson Pike. Riding South into the wind is so much fun when I know I can turn around and ride North for a few miles with the wind! From there I went into MFY for 5 minutes of work:

  • Lunge L
  • Lunge R
  • Standing ham
  • Curl w/8lb

I should've done more but wanted to get into Publix sooner rather than later because I knew I would take forever. But it was so worth it. I spent $15.53 for $66 worth of groceries, saving 76% and picking up so much that other people can use. Of that, $6.70 was for me:

  • Publix chicken: $4.81 – $1.50MQ = $3.31
  • Philadelphia Cooking Cream: $2.99, on sale for $2 -$1.50MQ = $0.50
  • Birds Eye veggies: $4.99 and $2.39, on sale for $2.50 and $1.20 - freeQ (- 1.20) = $2.50
  • Edwards Pie singles: $2.79, on sale for $1.39 - $1MQ = $0.39.
  • Paid $6.70 for what would've cost about $17.97 at regular price.

The rest was for donation (I don't have a complete list or my receipt with me). I got the following: Sundown vitamins, Carefree and Always pads, Kelloggs Nut Crunch cereal, Yakisobi meals, Suave hair product, and more that I can't remember. I paid $8.83 (that includes tax) for what would've been $48.03 at regular price. And it's all good stuff that can be used by anyone. I then went home and added a bunch of things from my bathroom and kitchen (razors, deodorants, chapstick, shave gel, cans, peanut butter, soda, more vitamins, paper towels, etc.) to the bags and will take to to work tomorrow. Kelson sent out an email today saying that one of our partners is taking up a collection, and that was what I needed to hear to motivate me to get shopping and giving!

Thanks to Michelle at I Heart Publix for all her hard work doing match-ups and sharing deals and to Laurie at Passionate Penny Pincher for the motivation I needed to get out and give stuff away! God has blessed me in so many ways and given me the desire to have fun couponing, and this is one way I can give back. It's all His, anyway, and this is a good reminder to me of that!

3 comments:

Pedal Pusher said...

I have been reading a lot of your training and you always mention the ISOs and EDIs, who are you working with on your programs? I am looking for someone that knows cycling.

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading! I've been working with a trainer who's currently in Phoenix, Will Roberts. You can find more about him and contact him here. He knows as much about cycling (like strategy and the like) as I've taught him, but he knows the body and how to train that and the mind to excel.

Pedal Pusher said...

Thanks for the info! You seem to be one of the most dedicated riders out there! Keep up the good work!