|Birthday cake. The candle sang!|
|Sisters' families; more family|
me with Isaiah; Isaiah and Caleb
me with Isaiah; 3 generations: Caleb, Gramps, and Dad
|Amazing Race game pieces, Belladium football, Rummikub, and Shuffleboard|
|Rays stadium inside and out, Tropical Storm Andrea note, alligators|
I ran a lot (44 miles over the first 10 days of the month) and worked out a couple times. Otherwise, we chilled, sat at the pool and ocean, walked a lot, went to a Rays game, went to an Alligator Attraction in Madeira Beach (I've been to that beach before in 2009; race results here), had a little birthday party (Amazing-Race themed, planned by my sister, where I had a bunch of challenges), ate at Big Olaf Ice Cream, ate at The Salty Dog, went to Kohl's, ate a lot, and basically ate often.
Some of the challenges from my birthday were the following:
- Dive for 30 pennies in 30 seconds
- My mom threw in the entire bag and I got them in about 3 seconds :-)
- Carry both nephews for a quarter mile in less than 3 minutes
- This turned into treading water with Caleb for 1 minute because Isaiah was gone
- Do 30 pushups in 30 seconds or less
- Attempt 1: 29 push ups because my dad asked me a question in the middle
- Attempt 2: 33 push ups
- Do a backwards triathlon (optional haha!)
- Score exactly 30 in one round of shuffleboard -- either 3x10 or 2x8+2x7
- Dad and I played a game, and I could never get closer than 2x8+7 or 2x7+8
- I used all 16 and did a rolling 4 -- still couldn't accomplish this
- Finally used all 16, in any order, and accomplished it -- after a lunch break!
- Walk with Aunt Judy (and accomplish a few subtle things)
- Draw an updated phone for Uncle Ed and Aunt Lucy
- Beat Gramps in a game of Rummikub
- Get these phrases from their respective common speaker without using key words (like Taboo)
- Mom: Someone can help you with that!
- Jean: Waiting for Guffman
- Mike: Turkey hunting
- Lucy: Shark! There's a shark in the water!