Friday, June 21, 2013

Tour of America's Dairyland II: East Troy

Me and Isaiah!

Mom and Dad with my nephew Isaiah

Family after the race

On the line and ready to go!

Uncle Ron, me, and Aunt Robin before the race

I felt like today's race was one of the fastest I've ever done. The majority of the race, we were single-file or two-wide. The longer the line (64 women tonight!), the faster the pace. A few times we were bunched up, but it didn't last long. I started at the back and finished at the back, but I had a good conversation with Todd about strategy for tomorrow. I am super thankful for a team director who knows what he's talking about! Hopefully my  results look a little better tomorrow.

The course was slightly different than last year's and not quite as technical. That helped make it fast. And keep it fast. Here's the course:

East Troy course

Shorewood (6-20-13) stats: 52:14, 20.74 miles, 23.8 mph, 183 bpm, 52/59 P/1/2
East Troy (6-21-13) stats: 53:59, 22.67 miles, 25.2 mph, 183 bpm, 58/64 P/1/2

Post-race smiles

Hard to get good position

No comments: