Sunday, October 2, 2011

Long Run

My Sunday morning activity

I cannot believe that it is October already. Even without any races, September flew by with as much speed as the previous months. October started well, with a long run. I’ve been running around 3 or 4 miles at a time 2 to 4 times per week. After a great couple workouts and being at the half marathon for inspiration, I decided to run long on Saturday morning—11 miles, or basically triple what I’d been running. I did this on a treadmill at the MFY so that I could keep a fairly steady pace. It wasn’t fast by my normal half marathon time, but the second half was slightly faster than the first, so I did keep increasing the pace. If I could have kept up that pace, though, I would’ve PR-ed a marathon. I can’t remember much else of what I did, but I do know I rested a bit afterward!

Sunday morning, I met Anna S for a loosen-up/shake-out swim; she’d done body pump after a long hiatus, and I was feeling the long run. It felt great, and I always love seeing her. We also played (and won) a couple softball games today. I don’t know why, but it still takes me a couple at-bats to adjust to the slow-pitch pitches. Today was no different, but I did have a couple decent hits throughout the afternoon.

Friday was a quick swim that felt great and 6-6-6 EDI, of which I did only one set.

No comments: