Saturday, October 15, 2011

The End of the Vacation



This year's Hawaii vacation was so much fun. I enjoyed all of it: The pre-race, race, and post-race stuff (check-in, expos, body marking, aid stations, watching and cheering, riding on the course, being at the finish, the awards banquet, the mahalo banquet, all the triathletes all around, etc.); spending time with the family, swimming, snorkeling, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, running, eating, running with the sunrise and sunset, visiting the City of Refuge park, and more. And, on my way home, I made a quick stop in Phoenix to break up the travel a little. It meant that I missed an entire night's sleep and finally got home way later than I would have had I just flown straight home, but it was definitely worth it. Will and I had breakfast and then climbed all the way to the top of Camelback Mountain. It was absolutely amazing. The views are stunning, the climb was equally challenging and fun, there were tons of people climbing up and down, and the day was perfect. It took a while because we had to add extra time when we couldn't park in the normal parking lot, but again, it was totally worth it. Here are a couple views from the top. The first is a better picture, but the second shows the city in the background better.


No comments: