Sunday, May 5, 2013

Girls on the Run 5K and TN State TT Recaps

Team post-race -- Amanda, Kiki, Anna, Shelly, Kailin, Cali

It was a rainy weekend. Saturday was the Girls on the Run 5K; Kaiya and I ran a 26:35, almost 5 minutes faster than our practice 5K a couple weeks ago (April 8; 31:15).

Girls on the run 5K -- Kaiya and me

Then, after I got a ton of stuff done at my house, we headed to Chattanooga. We pre-rode the TT course, had a good dinner, and tried to sleep.

Sunday was another cold, rainy day, but we set out to do our thing: 30K on the TT bikes. My time was 55:22, good enough for 5th place in the P/1/2 field. It was a strong field, and I am happy with top 5! My girls obviously did well too, as you can see in the pictures!

Cat 3 podium -- Anna in 3rd

Cat 4 podium -- Kiki in 2nd

Masters podium -- Cali in 1st

Merckx women podium -- Shelly in 1st

P/1/2 podium -- Amanda in 3rd

No comments: