Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Rides and Pics

Shelly, me, Emma, Kiki, and Catherine at
Granite City Food and Brewery in Franklin

Friday: 7-mile run + 1.5-mile walk. Trip to Publix and Kroger (details to come). Aunt Renee's party (and a late night!). Friday’s 7-mile run was rainy and beautiful. My average (including 4 minutes of walking at the beginning and a 2-minute bathroom break) was 8:33 min/mile. Omitting those, my average was 8:14. That’s closer to where I need to be, but I still have a little work to do to get my endurance and pace up. However, considering I’m running on average once or less per week, I’ll take what I can get.

Friday run

Saturday: 25-mile hilly ride. Catherine's and Ashly's birthday celebration. Saturday I rode up and down and up and down to try to get in some good climbing. In my 25-mile ride, I was never more than about 6 miles from my house and I climbed (according to my Garmin) 3245’. Here was my order of ascent: South Berry’s Chapel, Lynnwood, North Berry’s Chapel, Holly Tree Gap, Sawyer, Lynnwood, North Berry’s Chapel, South Berry’s Chapel. I never went up the same side twice, and I never descended the same road twice. The only thing I went up/down consecutively was North Berry’s Chapel the last time, when I went down toward Farmington and then turned around and came back up to Lynnwood. I did miss a few climbs (like the other side of Holly Tree Gap and both sides of Manley), but it was a great ride for today. Even despite the fact that my average speed was 14 mph (but my max was 44.5, so I did go fast at least a few times!).

Saturday ride with grades

Sat ride with elevation and climbs

Me, Kiki, and Catherine

Sunday: Team ride. Pool time!

Sunday ride

My list...I did all but one thing. Success!

No comments: