Monday, May 28, 2012

Josh Byers 5K Memorial Day Run Race Report

Kat and me post-race
Kat (my teammate) was the race director for a local 5K (at D1, basically in my backyard; I could ride my bike there in as much time as it would've taken me to drive and park!) that I ran today. The last 5K I race was the Fangtastic 5K back in February, and I really haven't been running much at all. I've been on the elliptical and step mill, but not outside and not on the tready. So I didn't know how I'd do today and what time I'd finish in. I pretty much just ran for fun, paced off a couple people, passed two in the finishing chute (the girl looked like she was in my AG, so I had to beat her; turns out she is 30 but I didn't know that so I still beat her), and ended up beating my time from the Fangtastic 5K, winning my age group, and winning a prize for the best patriotic costume. It was a good day!

Age Group Results

SWAG: bib number, Road ID GC, certificate,
D1 certificate, and free race entry for a June race

Before the race at D1

The back

The front
The outfit project was super fun. Lauren helped me cut all the stars and lay them out, then I sewed them all on. There are 29, one for each of my years and they all have names. Each one is a person who has influenced me throughout my life, and I was running today in honor of them and their influence. It took me a long time to sew them all but it was so worth it.

I did the Fangtastic 5K in 22:53, my first time under 23 since 2009. I did this race in 22:48, and even better time than in February and I am thrilled! I think I was the 7th female overall, but when I see official results I'll post them.

Since this race was at D1, I went inside and asked whether I could use the glute ham stand. Will would be so proud.

No comments: