Thursday, April 19, 2012

CompuTrainer Class: Muscular Endurance VI

Here is today's workout, which was the same as Tuesday with the exception of a sprint at the end (I hit 707W):


The warmup was at about 50% of 216W. The 12-minute tempo efforts were between 84% and 104%, but I did only efforts 1 and 3 at their prescribed percentage (and I bumped it up from 216 to 220); efforts 2 and 4 were between 84% and 104% of 200W.

I felt great throughout the entire workout. Between the 2nd and 3rd blocks, and between the 3rd and 4th blocks, instead of straight recovery I spun up to about 120 RPM every minute beginning at minute 3. I wasn't expecting the sprint at the end, and I didn't just want to sit tight and do nothing. I think, though, that spinning up helped keep my legs loose and my mind focused, hence the 707 at the end (it was WAY higher than I thought I'd hit; not that I didn't go all out, just that I didn't think I got that high).

At lunch, I did 30 minutes on the step mill (training for the 35-min crit on Saturday)

No comments: