Tuesday, August 28, 2012

4 Reasons I Like D1

Tonight was my fourth time at D1 in 2 days. I earned a free week of training at the Josh Byers Memorial Day 5K back in May that was expiring this week, so I am taking advantage of it.

In honor of the 4 workouts, here are 4 things I like about D1:
  1. Even though you are inside, it feels like you are outside because it is so hot in there and the doors/windows are all open the whole time.
  2. I sweat, a lot, and it feels like I am getting a good workout. And the shower area is air-conditioned.
  3. I met Will, my current coach, there. I would not be where I am today were it not for his coaching.
  4. The harder you work, the more little black pellets get everywhere, including all over you and in your shoes and hair and really everywhere. But then you know you’ve worked super hard!
So far, the coach this week has been Dan, and we have done two hard workouts.

Monday’s workouts:
  • Laps around the field and warm-ups
  • 3 times through the following:
    • 1×10 front raise (5lb plates)
    • 1×10 lateral raise (5lb plates)
    • 1×10 bentover triceps extension
    • 1 half-lap with stairs
  • 8×4 bench press (65lb)
  • 8×4 flye (25lb)
  • 8×4 shoulder press
  • 8×4 overhead triceps extension
  • 30 each of the following:
    • sit-ups
    • leg lifts
    • side crunches
    • Olympic crunches
    • bicycle kicks

Tuesday’s workouts (in no particular order):
  • Laps around the field and warm-ups
  • 1-minute cross-cone shuffles
  • 1-minute side throws with 8-lb medicine ball
  • 1-minute lunges
  • 1-minute side throws with 8-lb med ball
  • 4×100 on 1 minute
  • 1-minute rest
  • 1-minute box jumps
  • 1-minute square skips/shuffles/back-pedals/shuffles
  • 1-minute leg lifts
  • 1-minute square skips/shuffles/back-pedals/shuffles
  • 4×100 on 1 minute
  • 1-minute rest
  • 1-minute med ball toss-ups
  • 1-minute med ball throw-downs
  • 1-minute sit-ups
  • 1-minute of something else
  • 1-minute rest
  • 1-minute planks
  • 1-minute side planks
  • 1-minute mountain-climbers
  • 1-minute side planks
  • 4×100 on 1 minute

Tuesday morning, we did 6×100 and I missed the final set. Tuesday afternoon, we did 4×100 and finished 5 minutes early. Both were equally hard, but the sets of 4 seemed so much more manageable than the sets of 6. Now I am exhausted and ready for some foam roller action and dinner!

No comments: