Sunday, December 2, 2012

Franklin Jingle Bell 5K

Catherine, Madi, and me at the square before the race

Tuesday I went on a nice long hike with Kat.

Wednesday I rode my bike at Todd's, worked, and trained in the afternoon.

Thursday I worked, trained and went on the step mill, ran into Anna M and chatted, made some new friends at closing time at the bank, and went to Inversion.

Friday I met Anna S and Catherine at Pinkerton Park, where we walked a mile, ran 3, chatted while watching Madison play, and ran another 2.

Saturday I ran the Franklin Jingle Bell 5K with Catherine in 22:56. Not quite as fast as I was hoping for, but good enough for 3rd in my age group, 14th overall female, and 51st overall (396 finishers; 237 females). I ran a bunch of errands and cleaned, then after church I ran another 2 miles. It was an unpleasant run, and I stopped long before I'd planned to.

Kathy, Kat, and Shannon after their race

Today I got up and went for a walk, swam 1,000 at the MFY and then headed out to Gallatin to watch my teammates Anna, Kat, and Shannon (among others) race a cyclo-cross race. Val, Anna, and I also rode while we were out there, and it was a gorgeous day. Then I went home and went for a walk because I didn't want to stay inside!

No comments: