Monday, September 23, 2013

Being Busy Is Fun...

...but it's hard to find a time to blog daily when I'm always doing things. Won't complain! Here's a recap of the last week or so.

Deals at Publix

Publix receipt

Deals and Kohl's...and good reading material!

I wanted to get something for my niece, and I had bonus $$ to spend, so I found some much-needed shoes and a super cute vest. Then I read my favorite magazine :-)

Kohl's receipt

Wednesday's hard run. This hurt!

After this run, I met Anna and Kiki for dinner. Love those girls!

Thursday's ride with Val and Jeremy

We went exploring. They showed me a way to Percy Warner Park I hadn't known about. Might have to try this route on my own sometime soon! Also we climbed up Otter Creek to Radnor from Franklin Road. J was taking it easy on us and I still recorded my best time yet. Thank you, Strava, for the motivation (and all the screen caps).

Friday's ride with Parri and Anna

I definitely needed time with these awesome ladies. This ride was super fun.

Saturday's long run

This run didn't hurt nearly as much as Wednesday's. Amazing how much more comfortable 34 seconds per mile can be, even when the distance is nearly doubled.

Saturday's recovery ice bath. I got only a few confused
stares....and saw a few EMTs 
who were concerned that it
might be too 
cold...I said that's why I'm here!

I had plans for the evening and wanted to recover well. Pace, who I'd been babysitting for the last couple weeks, and his dad were baptized, and I got to enjoy the celebration of them both proclaiming Jesus as Lord of their lives. Amazing way to spend a night at church. We had dinner after, and I got to chat with a friend who was on the playground with his daughter. Great day.

Sunday's ride with Val and Cali

This is becoming one of my favorite routes. Not easy (includes climbs on Old Hillbsoro, Parker Branch, and Big East Fork), but with such good company, the time goes fast and I might have even had a couple good sprints in my legs, even after Saturday's run. Woot! Cali got all the QOMs, though, not so exciting :-(

Sunday dinner with the fam!

We made pizza with the cheese I got on super sale, then I played softball. Then I crashed for the night, ready to do it all again this week!

No comments: