Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cedar Hill Park Circuit Race Report

Todd, Catherine (Madi), Parri, Kat, Shannon, Shelly,
Kailin, Anna, Cali, Amanda, Kiki
After riding the course prior to the race start, I knew it would be a great race -- fast, fun, action-packed -- and I wasn't disappointed. Twenty of us Cat 1/2/3 women started the race (8 Cat 1/2, 12 Cat 3). Team Belladium had 9; Hub Endurance had 4; SVMIC Cycling and Clarksville Schwinn Racing each had 2; and Commonwealth Eye Surgery/Crankworks, Treehouse Racing, and Cumberland University each had 1. SO we definitely had the numbers, we just had to work well together.

The start/finish was at the green play button, and we rode clockwise around this course (two right-hand turns). The first 15 minutes were fairly quiet, and then the action began. We attacked, reacted, followed, countered, and basically dominated. I fell off with 3 laps to go (we did 10 total, I wasn't feeling well, and I'd thought I'd last 2 laps, so I was VERY HAPPY with the 7 laps I lasted) and missed the best part of the race: the finish.

Course map
Catherine attacked with 1.5 laps to go and stayed away by herself to win it. Kat, Parri, and AJ lined up against the 9 others in that lead group for a leadout to the up/downhill finish (it's an uphill lead-in but a downhill final 100 or 200 meters). AJ won that field sprint and finished 2nd. Woot!

Catherine won, Amanda was 2nd
Anna and I were somewhat together on the final three laps, and I finished 14th overall (8/8 Cat 1/2). I had a ton of fun. This is a great course, where a lot can happen. The roads were wide open, the rollers made it challenging, and the win made it all worth it. Like Todd said, when one Team B lady crosses the line in first, the whole team comes in first. Today was definitely that way. Everyone had a part to play and executed perfectly.

Stats: 44:09, 15.57 miles (10 laps), 21.2 mph (34.3 max), 182 bpm (195 max), 1625' ascent, 1641' descent
Results: 14/20 overall. 8/8 Cat 1/2.

My goals for this race were these:

  1. Don't die from being sick.
  2. Give 100% of what I had.
  3. Help my teammates where I could.
  4. Get two Team B ladies on the podium.
  5. Get a team win.
I am pretty sure we met all 5 of these today!

No comments: