Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Decent DHY Run

I decided to go another direction during my run today. I'd been going right at the fork; today I decided to go left and re-explore that side of the path. It was a perfect 5 miles out and back, and I felt better than I'd been feeling over the last few weeks. I wasn't fast, but I enjoyed just being outside, in the sun, moving forward, having fun.
  • 42:56, 5.00 miles, 8:35 avg (5:59 best), 600 cal, 174 HR (197 max)
  • Mile 1: 8:43
  • Mile 2: 8:25
  • Mile 3: 8:24
  • Mile 4: 8:34
  • Mile 5: 8:47
Tonight was my first night actually able to wear a Team Bd (evidently that's the correct abbreviation!) jersey. I was happy to have it on while cheering on Cali to 2nd, Parri and Lisa C to 5th and 6th, and Anna, Valerie, Shelly, and Jonell to awesome finishes as well. Unfortunately their race was mostly overshadowed by a crash within the first few laps involving Lisa S and Cali. Cali got back up, brushed it off, and finished strong. Lisa, on the other hand, did not. They had to call the ambulance, and we found out later that she dislocated her right hip. I will definitely be praying for her recovery!

This was the last NashvilleCyclist.com crit race of the season, and that meant it was the awards night. Team B dominated the podium (Lisa C 3rd, Parri 2nd, and Lisa S 2nd). Since Lisa wasn't there, all of Team B went up to accept her well-earned tiara. It was awesome to see them all up there on the podium as a team! Hopefully Valerie will share her pictures and I can show off the beautiful, strong women of Team Belladium!

No comments: