Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday's D1 Workout



Today was hard. I think the previous two days might be catching up with me!

Warmup laps and dynamic stretches
7 kettle-bell swings - 50-yd dash - 6 get-ups - 50-yd dash - 5 kettle-bell swings - 50-yd dash - 4 get-ups - 50-yd dash - 3 kettle-bell swings - 50-yd dash - 2 get-ups - 50-yd dash - 1 kettle-bell swing

Then we did two sets of 15-minute team workouts (you could choose from any of the following, couldn't repeat anything back-to-back, and accrued points for your team upon completion of a exercise; the more things you did, the more points your team got; I did the bold ones multiple times and didn't do the others):

  • 5 Points
    • 50 lunges (25 each leg)
    • 50 crunches
    • 20 push ups
    • 50 squat jumps
  • 10 points
    • 1 lap around the building
    • 100-yd farmer carry
    • 40 renegade rows (20 each side)
    • 20 burpees with push up
  • 15 points
    • 100 body-weight squats
    • 500-yd sprint
    • 50 squat-thrusts
    • 50 box dips
In the morning, my team lost the first round and I left before Dan tallied the second round. In the afternoon, my team lost both rounds and I did more different exercises (plus the rules had changed a little, so that helped). Now my legs are tired!

No comments: