Thursday, November 20, 2008

Team Updates

Next year I'll be riding for Team Harpeth Bicycles and tri-ing for Team Global Motorsports. It should be interesting. Harpeth wanted us to commit to doing 8 of the 15 local events, and then we'd get a nicer discount at the shop. However, they want people on the team getting there name out there, so they had another commitment level of 5 mass starts. That's the one I chose. Although I'll do more than 8 bike races, they won't all be road/TTs and most of them will be the local NashvilleCyclist.com crits in Nashville, which don't count toward the 8 of 15 (they were listed on the contract; of the 15, I did maybe 5 of them last year).

It will be exciting to race with Laura and Kelly next year (Kat and Lark weren't there; they might just be focusing on tris), and perhaps Tony and Maggie if I can get a hold of them. It will be even more exciting to race against Lisa and Marsha. They'll be on the same team, and both will cat up to III next year. I decided to stay as Cat IV and will hopefully do well in the state standings (I ended up 6th in the state this year behind at least 3 people who have catted up, and that was scoring points in a total of 8 races when 15 are allowed, and they take your best 15 results). They'll be some good competition in the crits, but otherwise I won't be competing against them much. One of my goals is to defend my crown from last year; I like having a tiara in the house!

Lisa, me, and Beth (both will cat up) after the awards ceremony

We had our tri team meeting this week. Leslie and I were the only two women, but triathlon is an individual sport, so I don't mind that there aren't many women to race with. I likely won't be training with any of the team anyway. We'll be provided tri kits, cycling kits, and a podium shirt. We're also supposed to get really good deals on cars if we need them. They also asked for 8 races, but they basically just want up to represent and race well in the local races. I think I can handle that. Hopefully my kit fits this year so I can actually wear it!

No comments: