Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Vacation

The fam (minus Mike)

After working and traveling yesterday. I made it to Orefield, PA, to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents, sisters, one brother-in-law, Robin's in-laws, and another of Jason and Robin's friends. Thursday morning, Mom, Dad, Rich, Gretchen (the in-laws), and I went to Nazareth to run a 5K Turkey Trot. It wasn't my fastest run, but it was right around where I've been running lately so I was pleased that I haven't lost any fitness. My time was 24:02, but the race wasn't chip-timed so I might not even include those stats. Here are the results, PDF. I'm pretty sure I was 6th in my age of I don't know how many, 24:10 on the clock.

Mom and Dad finished

I did find a few more-readable results: 6 of 43 AG; 50 of 361 females; 173 of 706 total finishers.

After the race, we all headed back to Robin's, had a great meal, played some fun games, and enjoyed the afternoon.

Thanksgiving dinner

Friday morning, we had to take Michelle to the airport early so Mom, Robin, and I went to see what kind of sales there were. We all found a couple little things, but we sure weren't the black Friday shoppers most retailers hope for.

Bye, Michelle!

Dad and I worked out a little later: 10-10-10 EDI, 3 sets: standing ham, lunge, wall push up, and curl (8lb). We skipped wall squat and crate crunch.

Training with Dad

More turkey for lunch, a nice long walk, time to relax in the hot tub, dinner, and more games were on tap for the rest of the afternoon.

Oh, yeah—it snowed here, too!

No comments: