Thursday, October 21, 2010

Impulse Workout

We have done this workout once before; Will mentioned something about it, and I vaguely remembered having done it while I was doing it. I did not, however, remember the 12 minutes of wall squats, but as this post from February 4 indicates, we did indeed do it.

The methodics looked like this: phasic 20 seconds, tonic 30 seconds, 5 deep breaths rest, phasic 10 seconds (PTP), followed by a 3 minute ISO. The exercise order was this:

  • Bent over lateral delt PTP, wall squat ISO
  • Bent over front delt PTP, wall squat ISO
  • Leg curl PTP, wide push up ISO
  • Hip flexion PTP, wide push up ISO
  • Biceps curl PTP, wall squat ISO
  • Bent over triceps extension PTP, wall squat ISO
  • Leg extension PTP, wide push up ISO
  • Hip extension PTP, wide push up ISO

The wall squats were definitely tough, but I felt great after having accomplished it all! Then it was off to Inversion, where we were reminded to not retaliate and to love our enemies. This is all part of Jesus' teaching so we know how to live to please God, but it's still not easy!

I also read the following, which are so encouraging!
"I will sing of mercy and justice; to You, O LORD, I will sing praises.

"I will behave wisely in a perfect way. Oh, when will You come to me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

"I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me. A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will not know wickedness.

"Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will destroy; the one who has a haughty look and a proud heart, him I will not endure.

"My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; he who walks in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; he who tells lies shall not continue in my presence. Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land, that I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the LORD." Psalm 102:1–8

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand." Psalm 37:23–24

No comments: