Saturday, April 11, 2009

Purity 10K

Yeah, not having a reliable internet connection at home means the blogs aren't as nice as normal. But today was a 10K race (my first race at that distance, although I've done tons of 6-mile runs.

Purity Moosic City Dairy Dash 10K
  • 47:12 total (7:37 pace); 7:23, 7:27, 7:29 (22:21), 7:47, 7:47, 7:40, 1:35
  • Sex overall place: 18 of 247
  • Overall place: 74 of 439
  • Age group place: 2 of 58 (we had the largest age group; female 30–34 was the next closest with 46)
  • It was 48° and cloudy at start and finish.
  • The course is pretty flat (through Metrocenter business park and on the Shelby Greenway for a mile or two).
  • It was a loop course (not out and back, so I never saw the leaders).
  • I did not get passed by many people (maybe 10 in the last two miles) and was definitely at the back of the front rather than the front of the back. That’s a good feeling, and it’s way better at the finish; I could actually get a massage without having to wait. Although the girl did say that I should come in for a 1-hour full massage (half price because they’re still in school) because I have lots of knots around my shoulders).
  • The finish had the massage tables, spaghetti or mac’n’cheese and rolls, chocolate milk, ice cream, water, and bananas.
  • The awards ceremony took forever because they did the kids’ fun run, the 5K, and then the 10K.
  • Fastest male: 32:19 (5:13 pace)
  • Fastest female: 36:56 (5:58 pace)
After that, I headed home to get whatever done I could and then headed to Farkases' for the evening. We had fun baking (Lauren made a bunny cake for Easter), sat around, looked at a ton of coupon and saving sites, made pizzas and ate them for dinner, and then played a few games. It was really laid back and different for them, since UJohn is usually at church most of the weekend during holidays.

No comments: