Sunday, March 1, 2009

14 @ 8:53

14 long, boring miles on the treadmill. Miles 1-11 @ 8:56 (6.7); miles 12-13 @ 8:49; 13.1 miles in 1:56. Then I cooled down. The warmup was a 0.5-mile walk to the workout room, and the final cooldown was the 0.5-mile walk back. Total mileage: 15. Total timed mileage: 14. Total time: 2:09. Oh, it felt good to run that long at that pace. I would have run outside (and probably faster, even though I was supposed to run at 8:53) had I been able to, but since I woke up to snow and ice and wanted to make it to the afternoon hockey game, it was inside or nothing.

Audra met me at the game; she's becoming a good friend and I'm saddened to realize that I probably will only be able to go to one more game. Then I don't know whether I'll see her again. Having friends not where I live is not fun. The good thing is that this was an afternoon game, so I didn't have to leave immediately afterward and still get home ridiculously late. That meant dinner with Will. I get lots of chances to spend time talking with Nancy, but not so many with Will, and that he would take time to eat with me meant a lot. I can't wait until he comes home for a while and we can work out; I need someone pushing me for a month!

No comments: